[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]FLINT, Michigan — It was a packed house at Flint Institute of Arts for the The Art of Achievement Awards where eighteen awards were presented to honor those in the Business & Hospitality Industry.
Almost 350 people attended the sold out event where outstanding businesses, community supporters and hospitality industry professionals were honored by Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce and the Convention and Visitors Bureau for their contributions to the well-being and success of the region in 2018.
Steve Landaal, chair of the Flint & Genesee Chamber Operating Board, served as master of ceremonies and presented 18 awards throughout the evening.
“The Art of Achievement Awards provide the perfect opportunity to publicly recognize some of the many contributors to our region’s economic growth and strong sense of community,” said Landaal, chairman of Landaal Packaging Systems. “The winners that we’ve honored tonight are those who have gone above and beyond the call of duty for the betterment of our community.”
The 2018 Art of Achievement Awards honored the following businesses and individuals:
- CEO Business Award – STAT Emergency Medical Services
- Economic Development Project of the Year Award – Magna Electronics
- Small Business Award – Sedgewick & Ferweda Architects
- Minority Owned Business Award – Spectacular Spudz
- Nonprofit Impact Award – Voices for Children Advocacy Center
- Young Professional Award – Elyse Jurvelin, ELGA Credit Union
- Community Champion Award – Adam Collier, Genesee Fieldhouse
- Claire M. White Award – Karen West, Keep Genesee County Beautiful (retired)
- Art Hurand Award – Mike Zelley, The Disability Network (retired)
- Robert P. Gerholz Award – Ed Benning, Mass Transportation Authority
- C.S. Mott Award – Phil Hagerman, Hagerman Foundation & Skypoint Ventures
- Gloria J. DeHart Award – Victoria Leonard, Pinnacle Hospitality
- Hospitality Ambassador Award – John Saites, Churchill’s Food & Spirits
- Frontline Ambassador Award – Diana Phillips, Knob Hill Bed & Breakfast
- Restaurant of the Year – Blondie’s Food & Spirits
- Hotel of the Year – Quality Inn Grand Blanc
- Entertainment Venue of the Year Award – Greater Flint Arts Council
- Certified Tourism Ambassador of the Year Award – Crystal Pepperdine, Flint Handmade